Thursday, December 11, 2008

Part two: What's cooking for Christmas?


I admit, I've been neglecting the blog, but with good reason. With the Canadian parliamentary crisis, and my book publishing course drawing to a close, all of my active brain cells have been otherwise occupied.
Here's my promised update on my "What's Cooking for Christmas" series for CTV.ca's holiday guide.
With just a couple of weeks to go before Christmas, if you're still desperately rifling through gravy-splotched recipes, here are some new ideas:

Not to give too much away, but I've finally cemented some of my own holiday menus. For my sister's dinner party, apple spiced walnut cupcakes with buttercream frosting. For my friend's holiday brunch, I'll make hazelnut scones and mango butter. For my work potluck, festive cheesecake pops.

For my cousins' Christmas get-together, I'll make vanilla cupcakes with dulce de leche filling and fondant. For Christmas eve dinner, I'll take either a cherry-chocolate trifle, or cappuccino cupcakes with chocolate frosting. For Christmas Day, Tana Ramsay's ham, spinach and Gruyere croissant ring, which I've made once before to great fanfare, and sticky toffee pudding. I'll post pictures, I promise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.