But this blog has served as so much more . I've met fellow foodies; used this blog as an entrance point to navigate through awkward small talk; and found common ground with strangers.
This blog has been the witness to my culinary ups and downs, some tears, many regrets, but also my personal triumphs. I've learned how to use a culinary torch; taken a cupcake decorating course, as well as French bistro and Chinese dumpling-making cooking classes; successfully used fondant, found and purchased a financiers pan, sheepishly distinguished wax paper from parchment; gone off chocolate; come back on chocolate with the birth of my son; interviewed famous chefs such as David Lee and Vikram Vij; jumped around in joy when famed author and philosopher Alain de Botton congratulated me on my food blog through my Twitter account; deleted my first illiterate comment from a troll; reached out to readers in lands as far away as Afghanistan and Indonesia; improved my food photography skills and taken some photos that I am truly proud of.
Here's to another year, or 20, of Caramels, Bonbons, et Chocolats. Chin chin! Below you can rediscover my top ten blog posts, in order of most popular to least:
- Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes:
- Barefoot Contessa's Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts
- Nigella's Cherry Chocolate Trifle
- Welcome Baby Boy Cupcakes
- Cupcake Decorating 101
- Baci di Dama or Chocolate-Filled Hazelnut Cookies
- Lemon Yogurt Cake with Blueberry Sauce
- Company's Coming: Top Ten Last-Minute Desserts
- Bahama Mama Banana Rum Cake
- Ham, Spinach and Gruyere Croissant Ring tied with Cappuccino Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Filling