Saturday, February 6, 2010

Noah's ark baptismal cake

My sweet little cupcake had his Christening recently in front of our closest family and friends. I thought it would be both symbolic, and fitting, to order a cake that celebrated our religious and cultural background. What better than Noah's Ark, which landed on Mt. Ararat, Armenia's national symbol?

Enter Toronto-based company Bakerbots Baking, which also created the yummy and elegant macarons tower I already blogged about in a previous post.

When I entered the venue, this cake took my breath away with its attention to detail and whimsical spirit. (See the photo to the right, courtesy Bakerbots). Not only did Bakerbots' Rosanne execute my vision, she put her own stamp on it, and also tantalized our tastebuds with her delectable red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting.

I have to say I was disappointed by some of the other local cake-making enterprises whom I spoke to, but who didn't even have the courtesy to call me back. Bakerbots Baking has earned a loyal customer in me, and I will definitely be calling Rosanne for my son's first birthday party.

No comments: