Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nutella Swirl Pound Cake with Espresso Glaze


I've said this before, maybe a handful times, but this time I really mean it: I think this is the best cake I've ever made in my life. Ever.

And it's not just my ego speaking. Several people said so. It's the kind of cake that whispers your name when you pass by, whispering, imploring you to cut "Just another small sliver." It was gone, and fast.


I made it for my husband's birthday because a) he loves Nutella; b) he loves espresso and c) I don't need to impress him with fancy piping skills or rosettes. Even my mother in law, who is a great cook and baker in her own right asked me "You bought this ready-made, right?" Nope.

Of course, it's not difficult to make a pound cake tasty, with the amount of butter that goes into it. But this one goes above and beyond with the swirls of Nutella and the sugary tang of espresso glaze on top. I got the recipe by way of, who else, Sweetapolita. Genius.

Substitutions:  None. Don't mess with perfection. Just, don't.

Would I make this again? Yep, in fact I plan on making it for my father's birthday in January.

Grade: Five stars out of five. Please make this, and then message me to tell me how much you loved it. Or even if you didn't, that's OK too.

No comments: